Review of last week’s goals:
1) 2 sessions with Cali and one strength session at home! Done! Did not get in any at-home strength sessions though. Bad.
2) Spend at least 15 minutes on three nights this week stretching/foam rolling/using the stick. TOTAL. FAIL.
3) One serious brick workout. Done kinda. On Saturday before hitting the road to PA, I did about a 30 mile bike and then a 10 minute run. I felt MUCH stronger this time than the last, which is good for my pre-race confidence. I would have kept the run up longer, but Hubz keeps me on a tight travel schedule. 🙂
Also, no yoga happened this week, due to my stupid nagging heel pain. Barefoot is not a pleasant feeling right now, so yoga seemed inadvisable.
Goals for this week:
1) Find wetsuit, or else I may have problems on Sunday…
2) Keep my legs strong but loose, and rest up plenty. The Columbia Triathlon is a notoriously tough and hilly course for both the bike and the run.
3) 3 dedicated foam rolling/stick rolling/stretching sessions. To get in the habit, and also to assist in goal #2.
And this week’s plan:
Monday – AM: rest, PM: 2000 yard swim including zone test
Tuesday – AM: 45 min bike, PM: at-home strength or Cali
Wednesday – AM: 35 min cadence run, PM: at-home strength or Cali
Thursday – AM: 1200 yard swim, PM: rest and tri club happy hour
Friday – mini-brick, yoga (?)
Saturday – REST
Sunday – Columbia Triathlon!